Friday, March 6, 2009

Don't Trust your First Born

The Rule: The majority of a published content was from the writer's first attempt.

Writers don't write, they rewrite, rewrite, rewrite and edit. I justed concluded a 2 hour writing session and read my work and it was terrible. So I rewrote it that took another 1 hour, and then I read it again, and sure enough it still didn't look good at all.

For now, I put it aside for the night in utter frustration and a little rest. It is times like these I doubt I am meant for my craft. But, I will not let this upset hold me back. I choose to keep fighting, keep tuning my story, and improving my art.

This is what separates armatures and the common enthusiast from professionals. Professionals bludgeon their words until the bloody pulp turns into something beautiful- a rather impossible feat.

I choose to rewrite, and rewrite and fight the idea that I am a terrible writer. I am not. First creations cannot be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment