Monday, July 27, 2009

Multi-Tasker Prayers


Yesterday in the midst of a powerful Sunday church service. The room was astir with healing, prophesying and ...texting? That's right. As I was being prayed for, a young man offered to pray for me. But half way through his prayer, I saw him check a text. The funny thing was, his mouth kept rattling on. Being someone who wants someone else's undivided attention, I felt hurt. Then afterward, I thought to myself, "Has our technology even invaded our faith?"

I know technology is a great way to get things done, but in the end it is relationships that matter. I admit I twitter, check the surf report and play games on my iPhone in social settings, but I'll be the first to admit, this is because I am bored. People sometimes bore me.

Are we multi-tasking our relationship with God?

I feel our phones and computers are making us more lonely. I most certainly am lonelier because of it. Not a revolutionary thought, just a tought.

No comments:

Post a Comment